We take sustainability seriously
Sustainability is a central priority for SQS.
Sustainability is very important to SQS in many different respects. On the one hand, it is a key driving force in its corporate development and, on the other hand, its own sustainable development is enshrined in the company strategy.
Definition of sustainability
The meaning of sustainability understood by SQS refers back to the definition put forward at the 1987 World Commission on Environment and Development:
«In essence, sustainable development is a process of change in which the exploitation of resources, the direction of investments, the orientation of technological development and institutional change are all in harmony and enhance both current and future potential to meet human needs and aspirations.»
SQS sees sustainable development as a process which will ensure that future generations will also have the opportunity to satisfy their needs. To achieve this goal, conscious decisions and actions are needed today which reconcile economy, ecology and society and their varying demands and requirements.
Looking back, 2017 was a very successful year for SQS.
- SQS currently offers 105 services and there has been a steady increase in recent years in the number of services bearing reference to the environment and social responsibility.
- The customer satisfaction score was once again excellent (4.6 out of 5).
SQS would like to be a model employer with an enabling corporate culture which promotes personal development and so fulfils its social responsibility brief towards its employees.
- At the end of 2017, SQS had 165 permanent employees and more than 300 freelancers.
- SQS offers its employees basic and advanced training courses on specific topics, in order to equip them to deliver a professional service to the clients.
- Performance-related pay and above-average social security contributions are among the factors which underpin the reputation of the company as an attractive employer.
A sound environment is of great relevance to SQS. It is working on reducing its own carbon footprint.
- It introduced a mobility concept in 2008 to encourage energy-efficient driving.
- All power is drawn from renewable sources of energy.
We welcome your feedback about our report.